I don’t give two shits if this post offends you. I don’t care if you think I’m a golddigger, or ridiculous for demanding what every woman deserves.
I refuse to accept anything less than an expensive conflict free diamond ring. Those are my standards; I don’t care about yours.
I refuse to accept any less because of the following:
– If a ring is a piece of jewellery I’ll be wearing for the rest of my life, a minimum 10k investment isn’t insane in the grand scheme of things.
– If a man is expecting me to carry his child and go through the painful process of pregnancy, the least he can do is show me how much he truly values me.
– If a man is expecting me to do emotional labor for him and spend the rest of my life with him being his support system, a beautiful ring is a small ask.
– Men know that diamond rings are also a way to posture to other men on the fact they can take care of their partners by providing an expensive ring. When he sees other men looking at my ring, he wants the other men to know that I’m well taken care of and that he truly loves me.
– If a man can afford a gaming system, expensive trips, and nights out “with the boys”, he can afford a piece of jewellery that I would wear for the rest of my life.
– A ring has little resale value, I know that. But if things were to go south, having a piece of jewellery that I would be able to sell for some money would be useful, especially if I was the mother of his children.
I refuse to accept a moissanite without prior consultation from my partner first. Yes, I know that moissanites are quite beautiful and are the fraction of the cost of a real diamond but getting me a moissanite and then explicitly telling me that it’s in fact, a real diamond, is laughable.
I see lots of women posturing to other women about their fake wealth and their “3 carat” diamonds, when in fact, its a moissanite. A lot of these women truly believe that their partner got them a diamond, because that’s what he told them it was. Not only did their partners lie to them, but they’re making their future wives look like laughing stocks in front of other women with false knowledge of what the stone truly is, its value, and a poor attempt at appearing wealthy. Some other submadghostss are filled with women like this. Their proposal was based on a lie.
With this ring, I expect a beautiful proposal. Something thoughtful and meaningful and was prepared for months. Asking someone to marry you is a massive deal, so if a man puts little thought into this and doesn’t really care about what the woman answers with, then he is truly LV.
I also know that lots of LV men will propose with expensive, over the top rings in order to trap you and keep you in the cycle of narcissistic abuse. This post applies to the man I decide to be with forever who I’ve vetted ruthlessly for a long period of time.
I know I’ll get a lot of flack from broke af scrotes in the comments and pickme’s who think the bare minimum ($100 ring) from Walmart is enough. IDGAF if your LV partner proposed to you with a $100 ring from Walmart. Personally, I want to be with someone who truly values me and values the relationship. Remember that we always value the things we pay for/buy. I’m not down for struggle love.
Never ever reduce your standards in fear of offending people. Your standards are valid, and you truly deserve what you want. Never settle just because society tells you that you should accept the bare minimum.
#demand #beautiful #proposal #EXPENSIVE #ring #RANT