People of Reddit, what is a phrase you absolutely loathe? by QuestionGuy July 4, 2022, 4:21 pm People of Reddit, what is a phrase you absolutely loathe? What do you think? 12 Points Upvote Downvote absolutelyAskAskMeloathepeoplephraseQuestion and Answerreddit See more Previous article What’s a great TV show to binge watch? Next article Which fictional character would be an awful first date? 37 Comments Leave a Reply “People of Reddit” Log in to Reply On Reddit, “underrated comment” and “beat me to it” and “came here to say that.” Which no doubt, is what I’ll get in response to this comment. Log in to Reply “Could care less.” It makes no sense. Log in to Reply “Where my hug at” Log in to Reply This. Log in to Reply “Just get over it” Log in to Reply People who go back and write “Edit: wow this blew up!” after getting like 50 upvotes Log in to Reply “It is what it is” Log in to Reply “You are [physical description] so you have no say in the matter “ Log in to Reply A single word: “ask.” But, only when used as a noun. Don’t tell me what the client’s number-one ***ask*** is. Use an actual noun, like question, request, want, wish, or desire. There are plenty of nouns to sufficiently express the idea; we don’t need to press a verb into emergency noun service to fill some non-existent void in the English language. Log in to Reply “fur baby” Log in to Reply Today it’s “send nudes”. Log in to Reply “You have to learn to love yourself before you can love others.” Log in to Reply This. Log in to Reply “It’s because I’m a [horoscope sign].” Log in to Reply In Reddit: “as a”. I don’t care about who you are, nor you should care about who I am. Focus on what you want to say and I’ll judge it accordingly, not based on who you claim to be. Log in to Reply Man up Log in to Reply Looking at specifically Reddit phrases: “I’m sorry this happened to you” (in those exact words). At best its “thoughts and prayers” for atheists. At worst it’s followed by “but …” and is a way of stepping over a story that is inconvenient for the point you were making. I have a couple more but mentioning those wouldn’t make me popular here. Log in to Reply ‘it just wasn’t meant to be’ or ‘it’s all in God’s plan ‘. Bullshit Log in to Reply “Suck it up!” Log in to Reply I’m the adult you’re the child so I’m right Log in to Reply 100%. * *The tints on my car are 100% legal.* Can something be 75% legal meaning you pay 25% of the fine? * *It’s 100% the Audi driver’s fault.* What if it was only 99%? Does the other driver pay 1% of the damages? * *You’re 100% going to hell for that.* What happens if I’m only 90% going to hell, do I spend 10% of my time in heaven? Stop saying 100% if you can’t measure that thing as a percentage. Log in to Reply “Hey hun” Log in to Reply “same difference” Log in to Reply “I’m too tired” Log in to Reply There are two types of people in the world…. Log in to Reply I cant Log in to Reply They mean well. I hate it those people do not usually mean well at all Log in to Reply “Because that is the way we have always done it.” Log in to Reply “People just don’t want to work.” Usually said by a coworker who barely does anything remotely close to “work”, or a customer who voluntarily depends on government assistance. Log in to Reply this isn’t really a phrase but “uwu” is annoying Log in to Reply The feels. It’s explaining how something made you react emotionally but making it sound utterly stupid. Log in to Reply “I did my own research.” Log in to Reply “Rise and grind!” Log in to Reply Saying something “slaps.” Fucking hate that saying for no good reason besides it sounds stupid. Log in to Reply It’ll be okay Log in to Reply No worries… Log in to Reply Leave a Reply Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.