TIL that chocolate is poisonous for dogs due to a compound called Theobromine, which is very similar to Caffeine both in its chemical composition and the effect it has on humans. Dogs and other animals metabolise the compound slower, so they are more susceptible to Theobromine poisoning.

Read more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theobromine?dog#Animals

What do you think?

12 Points
Upvote Downvote

5 Comments

Leave a Reply
  1. #EVERYTHING
    (referring to edible goos as some idiot started being well, an idiot and had to block them)
    in excess is bad for humans, including something as insignificant as water. Drink over a gallon is it and you die.
    #EVERYTHING
    in moderation is okay to feed your dog. I’ve fed my dog who’s 11 years old, a chocolate Hershey kiss, and he’s fine. I’ve fed him two grapes and he’s fine. I’ve fed him a cherry tomato 🍅, and guess what… he’s fine. Ali these items and more were given to my eleven year old dog not consecutively btw. So before you judge me, and you will, who are we kidding, do you do these 👉🏼 I walk him daily, take him twice weekly to the dog park and take him everywhere we go, so you ?

Leave a Reply