TIL that “penile implants” exist and to get an erection with one you squeeze your nutsack. They’re used for erectile dysfunction and FtM transitions

Read more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penile_implant

What do you think?

12 Points
Upvote Downvote


Leave a Reply
  1. I read about these in Grunt by Mary Roach. They have also been used to help soldiers who’s penis has been damaged regain some of that life function.

    Another bit I recall is that to rebuild a urethra they can use skin cells from the inner cheek for the inner part of the tube because they are similar types of cells.

  2. For accuracy, there actually exist two types: malleable and inflatable.

    The malleable ones are just bendy bits of silicone. The inflatable ones allow you to pump up the penis, like you would a regular one, with saline fluid.

  3. These things have been around for a while, I still remember the horror in my mothers face when we found the info and the “control” for the one my gpa had put in back when he had prostate cancer in the 80’s.

Leave a Reply